ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Tuesday 9 June 2009

PLAYING WITH HDR and TOPAZ

P6094235_4_3_edited-2

Went back to the waterfall this morning to try for a 360° panorama, ( that wee degree sign took some finding--had to copy from 'Word'--must be an easier way). Got the pictures but too much lens flare, it will have to be a really overcast to get that one to work. Rattled off a few multiple exposures -2ev/ev/+2ev. Put through Photomatix, saved and re-opened in PS Elements and used the Topaz filter. I'm getting more impressed with this plugin. That's something of an oxymoron, I was impressed the first time I used it, in fact impressed with an 'F'. Below is an example of it really flying.

P5283804_3_2_edited-3

However it doesn't have to be this way. If you duplicate the background layer in the layers pallet. Play with the filter till you get something just the wrong side of good taste then reduce the opacity you end up with a reasonable image. It's much much quicker than messing with curves or saturation and more controllable too. Not tried switching the blend mode to overlay or soft light, I will, there's plenty of time yet.

P6094242_1_0_edited-2

You can use Topaz free for a month no watermarks and it runs at full throttle, get it HERE. They also do another half dozen or so plugins, not tried them yet, will save that for another rainy day.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

MOLLY

This one a little more extreme, but hey, the choice is yours. Have a play let me see how you get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment