ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 22 March 2010

PRECIPITATION (20/03/10)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA It’s difficult to remember when we last experienced a full twenty four hours of rain. Which probably means we were getting desperate for a top up. I am mended, can’t ever recall feeling so rough for so long. Went out a couple of times today and really enjoyed taking miserable and depressing lakescapes.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  The forecast was for heavy rain and gales, we got the rain but the wind was moderate to non existent.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Another little corner of Windemere.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAYacht in the fog and drizzle.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERANo colour

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAA bit of colour.

   OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          A minimalist jetty, as is current policy I declare this image well and truly seen to. Loads of distractions cloned away and then stretched, pulled and shoved into something near symmetry.

Tomorrow the Met. Office are guessing that we will have sunshine so will go and have a look at Bowness. Apparently it’s a bit candyfloss and toffee apple but we will see.

 

9 comments:

  1. I'm reading backwards and am sorry I hadn't realised you have been unwell. Assumed you were simply out of internet range. Hope you feel completely better soon. Meanwhile, the photos on this post are a specially beautiful and memorable lot. In particular, the jetty disappearing away into nothingness will linger.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some beautiful foggy images here. Sorry to hear you've been unwell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these shots of the mist! The first one of the dock heading out into the misty lake is really awesome. This last shot that you 'shopped all the way to awesome is really great too! I am having lots of fun with photoshop. I only wish I had more time on my hands to play with it! Soon I will... and then it will be spring and time to get out and take photos. :oP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant shots Adrian...right up my alleyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It may have been depressing weather but you got some really good atmospheric photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed these misty shots Adrian.
    Glad you eventually shook off the plague.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photographs,misty ones my favorite and the swans.
    I have broken my camera by trying to connect it to the computer too forcefully and broke the socket terminals on the camera,not covered by the guarantee !! The shop took a dim view of willful vandalism! Hope to have photos up soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely fog photos. We get our share of it where I live, too; I wish I could see the same beauty in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucy, both, internet round here is the very devil. Thanks It turned out better than I thought it would.

    Krista, glad you approve, keep playing with PS it's good fun.

    Trevor, Yes I thought about you whilst lying on the dock in the drizzle. Prefer colour myself but am fascinated by the melancholy.

    John thank you, it was good to be out.

    Keith, thanks, just about back to normal.

    Matron, OH Dear! Get a card reader, they are only a few pounds and as well as being quicker are supposedly kinder to the camera. Definitely so in your case.

    Jolynne, Thanks, definitely moody, prefer bright myself.

    ReplyDelete