ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Saturday 21 August 2010

A FUNNY OLD WORLD (21/08/10)

This is the second post today and all about St. Andrew brother of St. Peter and involved in all that malarkey with fishes bread and Jesus on the shores of Lake Galilee. Why a church miles from the sea is dedicated to him you will have to guess……..I can’t …. A smashing little church it is. Here is, in pictures, the Church of St. Andrew Winston………………..

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA   Full on frontal…Give up, not the top shelf!…….Now I told you I could be subtle………..This is not only HDR but six images of five exposures stitched together vertically and horizontally. I like this reality……it looks like reality.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA These windows are fantastic, no crude depictions of saints………..Almost Muslim in it’s simplicity……..This is a straight shot……………. this isn’t

P8216081_80_79_78_77_tonemapped_edited-1 This is the photographic equivalent of Glamrock.

After this I had to go out, the dogs well aware after the other weeks churching, lawn sprinklers included were kicking up hell outside. They aren’t to know it doesn’t always happen.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA First built in 1495 it is a magical edifice and just as well…….precious little else to photograph within walking distance!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAThe front door…………….

 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Me being arty, only so far one can go with a church……………Lying on my back for those interested……..Pity I didn’t think to check for sheep muck first!!……………..Perhaps not, a little further………………..

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA    The Crypt, I took this because I liked the contrasting colour……………I always have to blow it……….It brought to mind an example of alliteration…………

‘The cat crept into the crypt, crapped and crept out.’… Sorry for that…………..Some folk never grow up.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Our last view and yours too. Off to pastures new tomorrow. What a life but very hard to beat.

11 comments:

  1. Fascinating editing. I like both the straight shot and the glam rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fine looking old church Adrian. I do like the 'Glamrock' treatment. Very arty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Churches, they build such a work of art, it doesn't matter if you're into christians or not, you can't help loving them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoLynne, thanks, I keep trying to entertain.

    Keith, I like it too, churches and ornate subjects work well with HDR.

    Bob, you are right. You don't need to be religious but you do need a soul. very peaceful and beautiful places.

    Trevor cheers, lets have some more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Now that's a church. Can't compare my humble little churches with grand affairs like that but I still love mine more. :) Wonder what mine would look like if HDR ever "happened" to them. Love the crypt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pauline, this is a relatively humble church here. you have to remember the church owned half the country and collected taxes so they had plenty of money. Still do for that matter.
    Your churches are more honest and to be honest I prefer them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that indoor HDR shot. The first HDR image I saw where I understood why people were going mad over the technique was very similar -- detail and colour everywhere with nothing blown out or pitch black. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love old English churches,not that I go to them but they make interesting photo material.I think your shots are very good,I like the vertical shot and the stained glass windows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An unusual building. The bell tower certainly dominates the rest of the church. Seems to be well looked after. For once I can't pick out a favourite photo. I like them all, Glam Rock and Plain Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mark glad you enjoyed it. you can get high dynamic range into images in several ways this is by no means the most extreme or the most subtle.

    Matron I love those windows, very Arabic.

    John it is a little gem and still loved.

    ReplyDelete