ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 30 August 2010

A TRIP TO THE SEASIDE (30/08/10)

Yesterday after we had finished cooking lunch we had a drive up to South Shields to give the dogs a run on the beach. Half a gale blowing and me without a jacket meant a quick run on the beach.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA The ferry to Holland leaving the Tyne and in for a rough crossing.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  The entrance to the Tyne and Newcastle.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERATynemouth with it’s Abbey and Castle. Looks as if it could be worth a look.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA A whirl of dogs, the beach is their favourite place.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Sea Stacks at Marsden we arrived a few years too late as apparently there used to be a natural arch here.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA   There is also a grotto which houses a pub, the only pub in a cave that I know of in the UK. i only found out about it upon my return. It’s a great pity I didn’t know of it whilst I was there another missed opportunity for a pint.

That’s all for today, we are here another week and then we will see where whim and fancy takes us.

8 comments:

  1. Sea Stacks looks beautiful, even without the arch. Those dogs look very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks very windy there Adrian.
    A return to the grotto perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that last picture. Dramatic...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It wasn't just you, it's always cold on South Shields beach !! ....and you've captured a great mood in these pictures.
    Great shot of Marsden rock as well, however you wouldn't have seen the arch from that viewpoint anyway, it was parallel with the shore line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'd rather have been on the beach than on that ferry. Love the sea stacks in that last photo. No, that should read love the sea stacks and the last photo. Beautiful place, even on a wild day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pub in a cave?! I would have gone BACK! LOL!

    Great shots as always Adrian. I love the ocean ones - such drama and motion and action. I could sit there and watch it for hours... if I brought a jacket! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. JoLynne, thanks.

    Keith, doubt i will get back for a pint but a wander on that stretch of beach looks interesting.

    Dawntreader, A good day sunlight cloud and wind livened things up.

    J on Tour, It's like the arctic. Ta I would like a look at the caves but the tide was in. Hadf no idea there was an arch till someone mentioned it. Gone now alas.

    Pauline it is a grand little corner in an otherwise unprepossessing place. There's beauty almost everywhere if one looks.

    Krista, I dumb cluck am I. At my age you would think I'd have learned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Pauline. I love the sea and I'm missing it here in the centre of France. However I'd rather be watching it than sailing on it when it's rough.

    ReplyDelete