ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Thursday 2 September 2010

THE RUNAWAY TRAIN (02/09/10)

Yesterday we enjoyed a few hours in Darlington. The mission to get Alfies hair cut and give him a polish up.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  Molly and I went a walk but there was little of interest about. It was also one of the hottest days of the year absolutely roasting.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA   Train…….A sculpture by David Mach……………..

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAI’m not sure about this one……I feel it could do with running away.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA   The new look Alfie………….very smart.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA His new friend the pony still recognised him on our walk this morning.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA    This is the other side of the little bridge, It is also vandalism. Graffiti with no skill or merit.

A bit like this……

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA A running away train. This must fall into the category of……’Just because you can doesn’t mean one should.’

That’s all for now.

7 comments:

  1. Enjoyed this post Adrian.
    A lot of bricks went into the train; certainly different.
    Alfie looks handsome, with his wash and brush up. I wonder how long he'll keep clean lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first scrolled down I though the railway engine was made with Lego and then realised it was brick. A real 20th/21stC folly. Very different as is the new look Alfie - can you keep him looking so dapper though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi adrian, Nice shot of the bricj train - have driven past it often but never stopped to look. It's a while since I've been there but Darlington has an interesting railway museum http://www.darlington.gov.uk/Culture/headofsteam/welcome.htm
    and while you're in the vicinity there's also the National Railway Museum outpost at Shildon http://www.nrm.org.uk/PlanaVisit/VisitShildon.aspx, which I seem to recall is quite photographer-friendly - the exhibits are well lit and well spaced (and it's free)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely blog, except the writing on the wall. Alfie must be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keith Ta, should be easier to manage now, though his mum is not best pleased.

    John, the train is impressive not sure I like it though. Alfie is ordered to keep clean...no rolling for him.

    Phil the train is worth a look from Morrisons side, free parking on the trading estate. They have also built some ponds full of Bull Rush and precious little else. I am off to the railway museum next week, thanks.

    Bob, It's not even graffiti tagging is what I thinks it's called and perpetrated by a lower form of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How odd. I've never heard it called tagging in the UK. Just as I've never heard it called graffiti in New Zealand.

    The brick train is very impressive I have to say.

    As for the last 'photo'....... But actually as an artwork I have a sneaking liking for it. But don't let Adrian know or he may want to do more of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GB, Tagging is as I understand it just scawling ones initials or name......Graffiti is bloody good, the best are artists.
    The brick train I don't like, expensive, well laid (excuse me couldn't think of another word for stacking bricks.) As John said giant LEGO!

    ReplyDelete