ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 27 December 2010

FOUR DAYS ON (27/12/10)

I am back……………….thought I'd give you all a break whilst I had a few days of self indulgent melancholia. So Bloody Ding Dong…it’s over for another year. Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and boxing day were grey dark days, freezing cold. I was filling the feeders for the birds three and four times a day, am now down to seed, bread and water, or they are. After heavy rain last night the snow is away. They are now foraging for themselves,  I moved the feeders to a different tree…….doesn’t do for them to become dependant. It was unbelievable yesterday. We had everything from a Nuthatch to Collared Doves with all the usual visitors in between. Dozens and scores of them.

Before I go any further I’d like to bring this superb post to your attention……CABINET OF CURIOSITIES. 

A few of the many visitors for Christmas lunch.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA A Thrush what manner of Thrush I can’t tell……………..it is most likely a Song Thrush as there are more of them.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA     

Female Chaffinch………………………………………..And a Blue Tit.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA      Icy Dune Reflection.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA     The ruins of the Roman Bath House………This is a project for later in the week………Flashing in the dark again.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA    Low water…….Low contrast……………this place can be magical though.

As of yesterday we have the long lens back from the menders so will get down here for pictures of Dunlin, Oystercatchers, Redshank and a few others that are different.

That’s All for today. All pictures will enlarge should you feel so inclined.

8 comments:

  1. Mistle Thrushes are usually unmistakable because of their size - probably about 2" longer than a Song Thrush. My (and my wife's!) honeymoon was cut short by a Mistle Thrush so they are ingrained in my mind. We were walking through woods near Grange in Borrowdale where we were staying when Carol who was discussing a Mistle Thrush ahead of us fell over a twig (ok it was a very big twig) and sprained her ankle badly. Silly way of putting it actually because as sprains go it wasn't bad, it was magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Song Thrush is there, hanging to a branch. These are beautiful photos, and when get the long lens, then, look out it's Adrian about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adrian. I love the photo' of the thrush looking straight at the camera. It looks like it's got a flat cap on. :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shots of yon thrush. The rain won't reach us for quite a while but the birds here have already slowed down devouring the seed.
    I don't fancy your chances of a long hot soak in the Roman bath house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The birds are lovely but my favourite shot is the last one. Magical is the right word!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Song Thrush Adrian; you're getting a dab hand at this birding malarky.

    Got up this morning, and I can see grass. The thaw is on, at last.

    The Roman Bath House looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, we have a heavy winter here since yesterday!
    Here a song for you:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2N9BN-mYrw&feature=related

    Thank you for the link of 'cabinet of curiosities!'

    Have my best regards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Graham, thanks for that.......I'll endeavour to find a Mistle Thrush assuming they aren't extinct.

    Bob the long lens will help but it will still be me struggling on the end of it.

    Lesley, it is a beauty. For pictures it's a good job they are hungry. Amount of bird food i get through I don't know how they can be.

    John, the bath house is all that's left of the Roman port here. Odd place to choose it's the very devil to sail into.

    Pauline as always it requires good light and eventually I'll get a sunset here.

    Keith, a combination of luck and hungry birds. the weather is what I was dreading foggy and horrible.

    Daliana, thanks for the bird song....you are most welcome to the link to Phils site......Always something interesting going on there.

    ReplyDelete