ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Thursday 5 May 2011

GOOD AND BAD (05/05/11)

We are still at Englethwaite Hall and I’ve extended our stay till Monday. There has just got to be more than I’ve found so far. The dogs think it is a wonderful place, the feeders are doing brisk business with all the usual suspects. I had a flying visit from a female Great spotted Woodpecker……..she’ll be back it takes them a day or so to get used to the proximity of the truck.

We were out at first light, a cool overcast morning, with the exception of a Green Woodpecker which Molly saw before I did it was pretty quiet. Here are a few snaps from this morning.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA       A Song Thrush………..there are several of these around.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA A Spruce of some sort……………….

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA      I don’t know whether these are flowers or baby cones or what they are…………..very pretty whatever.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA       A female Blackbird with a beak full of earthworm.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         A male Chaffinch with a beak full of something.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA            A male Blackbird.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAAll these reeds have got to have some Dragonflies hidden somewhere………….I’ll keep looking.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA       A Great Tit feeling a bit chilly.

That’s about it for this morning, I’ll grab a quick coffee and have another wander round the ponds now things have warmed up a bit.

Have a good day.A

 

13 comments:

  1. I'm surprised there are any earthworms left in my garden by the number of Blackbirds with full beaks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great morning, Adrian!
    The same weather is here....and almost the same birds!
    Wonderful images!
    I wish you a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely reflection shot! Poor little Great Tit, it's cold here too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pictures. I don't know the names for all trees, I think it is for Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a blog reply problem. if this posts then I'll reply.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right we are in business at last.

    John, when I had a garden the compost heap was everywhere. Little devils they are for a worm.

    Dalliana, I am really hoping for a good image or two because it is a beautiful place.

    Norma, he was fluffed up. Poor mite.

    Bob, not a chance in hell with Keith we need Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Chaffinch and Thrush Adrian.
    I'll hazard a guess for the tree.........Norway Spruce.
    Well, it looks like a Christmas Tree to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adrian, those are all strong, beautiful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keith, It is a bit dumpy for a Norway Spruce I get a picture of all of it. I like the thrush and the Chaffinch are at their best.

    JoLynne, thank you the second spruce image could do with a crop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought that the second picture was of a crop!

    Good to see your photos because I don't see many Thrushes or Chaffinches on the Island and we have no Great Tits but the rest of the birds are fairly common. Er, come to think of it I don't see many Blackbirds in Eagleton either. Nor too many trees. May have something to do with the lack of those birds.

    I've caught you up! Now all I have to do is stay with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Graham, it's a bit damp here today so I'm not expecting much from it. That was a marathon effort. Time for an early siesta.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Chaffinch image is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jay, they are common but bright and cheerful wee things.

    ReplyDelete