ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Friday 16 May 2014

LACK OF LIGHT. (16/05/14)

Things have been a bit quiet in Foyers this week. The weather has been cloudy with very flat light.

_MG_1846 It’s not nasty, it is a bit, all much the same.

The bright spots come when I walk under the new leaf canopy.

_MG_1835_MG_1836

It is a magical time of year.

_MG_1838     I think this is one of the Oyster Mushrooms but it is one I have never eaten so unless I can find a mushroom person I’ll leave it where it is and not eat it. It does look and smell nice. Perhaps I’ll cook a little bit and see what happens when I feed it to the obnoxious little boy just a few vans away. His mother keeps apologising on his behalf. He has a problem called Evil Little Bugger Syndrome. He bangs on the van to annoy the dogs and tried to throw a stone at them yesterday. His mum explained his behaviour to me. She said I shouldn’t have called him an evil little bugger he has H.A.D.I.T. or some such problem. He should be on a lead like the dogs.

_MG_1841

_MG_1843    A Song Thrush, I can’t remember it’s full Latin name but having a lavatorial bent I do know it is Turdus something not a lot of help to scholars as everything this size from Blackbirds to Redwings are Turdus. There is also a Mistle Thrush here, that’s a Turdus too but it sits miles up in the top of a pine tree singing a wonderful song.

I’m glad I made the decision to swap the big 400mm for the much more practical 100mm-400mm. It weighs next to nothing and is sharp up to a hundred feet. After that it is a tripod job. I’ll have to give the other lenses an airing, they don’t like being left in the van.

This looks as if it will be the last dry day for a while so I’ve made a little indoor garden with clover, daisies, buttercups and a tiny blue flower, it is a fraction of the size of a forget-me-not. I can’t find it in my books but I’ll have a look on-line for micro+flowers+blue. I’ll do another time lapse video over the next day or so. I’ll also try and polish up the editing. I may have to switch to Lightworks as CS6 can’t do fast RAM renders. I’ve looked on-line and Adobe want me to hire After Effects. They can get lost. I’ve spent enough money with them. I find it difficult to envisage what the rendered version will look like so quick renders are a real boon. I guess the more I play the more intuitive it will become. I also use between four and five video layers plus adjustment layers so start to run out of screen space. I will also start to have trouble with processor power but that is a long way into the future. I hope. Last night I was playing in Blender for a shattered flower effect. That makes the fans hum. Popping UV modifiers on TIFF files makes her whirr.

Have a great weekend. I’ve got some work on. Proper work not playtime work.

32 comments:

  1. hi Adrian. Love the green of the tree Nd the fungi close up is great. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you Margaret. The fungus is an Oyster I went back and risked it for a biscuit. No ill effects but you have to cook them. I think they can be naughty.

      Delete
  2. Adriaan what a wonderful avenue to stroll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bas, at this time of the year under beech trees it is very good.

      Delete
  3. W once came home from and evening out to find a son feeding pieces of toadstool to the babysitter, referring to his Survivors' Handbook as he did it. She's still alive, and at 98 appears in good health.

    Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances,
      if we hadn't been exposed to the field mushroom we would know to cook all fungi. This is a perfect Oyster. They are variable in colour. Difficult to be sure of but I had a couple last night and as you can see I'm still here, not shitting myself and no tummy cramps. No Oysters are poisoners I risked it for the taste. Drop dead gorgeous they are.
      Your son was feeding the baby sitter hallucinogenics. Does he continue life as a life enhancer?

      Delete
    2. Well, he certainly enhances my life. The fungus in question was that one that grows on trees and tastes like chicken. Quite nice, actually. But sadly, not hallucinogenic.

      Delete
    3. You are thinking of chicken fungus which is a bracket fungus. I have eaten it but it wasn't as good as a dead hen. I cook most fungi. It saves you dying or feeling poorly.

      Delete
  4. Really great shots Adrian. I want to thank you for your recent links to Adorama. I looked at the Time Lapse shots, and I'm about to go out and shoot some myself. Can't promise anything, It's my first time. :D

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mersad, the video tutorials are good and set me on the right track. I get Creative Commons music from HERE

      Delete
  5. The oyster mushrooms grow on dead or decaying trees, ofter in large masses. They will grow in the same place in successive years. So, if you want them, remember where you had them.
    The first is one for me, photography wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, these are Oysters and unmistakeable. I write a bit of a story around them as a few fungi can make you poorly. These are prolific for so early in the season. Bob I thought the thrush was the business.....Ney....I thought it was the 'Dogs Bollucks'.

      Delete
  6. Oh I love mushrooms I know we'll a lot of kind of them, but I think they are different in the look in each country... The fotos (all) are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, I love wild and free food. The books only show a moment in time for mushrooms. I'm sure yours will be slightly different but these are fine with a steak.

      Delete
    2. PS. Laura if you fancy eating the bird then skin it. The feathers taste nasty.

      Delete
  7. That Song Trush is a sight, looking straight at you ..........A D H T my dad stopped mine with a good slap .

    ReplyDelete
  8. You give a full account of your situation with your slant on it. Light dull. Mushrooms...debatable. Brat...just a total little bugger. Birds...fine photos. This is just an all round fine post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, it has been a quiet few days. No otters to annoy.

      Delete
  9. Hope you enjoy your real work, maybe it will save you from dealing with the horrid little blighter. Like the little thrush.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pauline, It should only take an hour or so. The Thrush was very accommodating.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Buen paseo Adrian y te encontraste otro pequeño pĂ¡jaro en las ramas ;)
    Que tengas buen fin de semana.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SĂ­ Laura, es bueno caminar por aquĂ­ y un hermoso Thrush.

      Delete
  12. Adrian you should go and let the tyres down of the pesky van and the say sorry I have B.U.G.O.F.F syndrome lol..
    Nice shots of the Song Thrush it looks a bit grumpy in the last image

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas, he's gone to annoy folk in Fort William now.
      The Thrush is very photogenic. It sits still for long enough for me to get close.

      Delete
  13. You did great withe light situation. I also have a hard time finding ID's for flowers, but it's easier for me anyway because it's an island. England and Scotland must have lots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, the little indoor garden has been shot. The wee plants are hard to work out, I was hoping for a video today but after twelve hours for less than two minutes. I'm not in a good mood. Time lapse is really challenging.

      Delete
  14. Your captures of the new fresh greenery are lovely, and so is the thrush.

    ReplyDelete
  15. No picture of your blue flower, but try Veronica?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, It is 1mm to 2mm across all it's petals. It flowers as a cluster from white to blue to a pale lavender colour. I think it is either Speedwell or a vetch. Dozens of Vetches there are to choose from. It is really small.

      Delete
  16. Leafy canopy walks look very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. John, it's a good time of the year to stroll under beech trees. They are the best for light and chloroform.Or whatever t is makes leaves green.

    ReplyDelete