ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Sunday 21 June 2015

A BIT BLUE. (21/06/15)

I woke this morning at 0255h had a quick espresso, Though quick is relative as I make it in a stainless steel pot thingy in three pieces, water in the first then a complicated pot with the coffee in and lastly the jug that screws onto both and holds the finished infusion. I find this a bit wasteful so the other day I saved the grounds from two brews and put them in a jug in the fridge covered in water. Iced coffee on tap but it tasted a bit acidic. I did the same with fresh ones and it works a treat. I could really appreciate that hint of Chocolate, Spring Blossom with an undertone of Blue Berries and Coffee. Like hell I could. Tasted like weak coffee. About what I expected. Gnats Piss.

_MG_3812

Here is the pot ready to provide enough coffee to have me skipping across the field and down the lane.

_MG_3805 The bale where the fungi were was. Bare. It had a few weeds on and a bit of plastic net but they really didn’t grab my attention. No time lapse of the fungus. I’d also mislaid the dogs. I thought they would potter on in a minute or so. No sign. Little buggers have found something, gone hunting.

_MG_3811

I popped back out to give them their come hither command but realised that I have neighbours so went to look for them. You can’t see them here but they are creeping up the tram lines in the barley. One of the Roe deer has smelt them. Deer and crows are the only thing they feel the need to hunt and when I whistle they come…….No they don’t, they ignore me completely till I shout my special command. I have a similar one for the hens at bed time. I start off saying chuck, chuck, chuck; chuck, chuck, chuck, They have got used to me now and come running when I call; then they can be guided up the ramp into their hut. I’m still doing my chuck, chuck, chucking. I really must set a camera up you would wet yourselves. The last one and it's always the same one wants to be picked up and popped to bed. She always hears my special command. It means if you don’t get here now you are stoat or fox food. She comes running then crouches down to be picked up. Funny things are hens.

Sophie brought me a Daily Telegraph yesterday. I do enjoy their cryptic crossword but was very upset by Dithery Dave suggesting that all Muslims are closet ISIS supporters. The bloke is a right hooray but he isn’t stupid. That is as daft a statement as proclaiming all conservatives and the royal family are fascist or the pope is a closet paedophile. What bad news has he got to impart this week? Can’t be hunting Muslims with dogs and I doubt he’ll seriously persecute Badgers as last time it was an expensive fiasco. I guess it will be that thee me the country have swapped millions of pounds on Thatcher death duties for her private papers. Why because someone got paid to sign it off. The Iron Lady already had money stashed away off-shore in Bermuda. Enough; let her rust in peace. But why is a convicted terrorist like her son Mark allowed back in?……..

What you have to accept is that with a debt running at 250% of GDP just after the war we managed to create the NHS, a benefit system and openly encourage immigration. Okay I agree tax was at 99’95% percent on any money only the richest didn’t need anyway. Now we have a total imbalance as earnings at the top are out of all proportion to those doing the work. I’m sad today as Thatcher started it and Blair encouraged it.

cone pan

A Korean Spruce pine cone. it is very blue a bit like me.

Have a good week, I doubt it will be here. I can see the busies attacking corner shops and mosques just as they did the miners.

26 comments:

  1. A blue pine cone ~ Wow I like that! I wonder why it is blue? You don't sound blue ~ chuck, chuck, chuck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol. It is and I'll assure you It's a Spruce cone.


      +++

      Delete
  2. Cheer up, Adrian--- always look on the bright side of life. Hey, that's how it went in the movie! Love the cone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a cone like this. Wonderful shots.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool cone. Oh...that made me want an icecream cone...it's blazing hot here and it ain't even July.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went back and looked at your title and it said it all. There was lots of blue stuff today. You even ended with an interesting blue pine cone. The only thing you missed was some good blues music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, I really ought to ignore the news. It is usually sad.

      Delete
  6. Pretty pine cone. I agree that hens can be entertaining. I hope it's only stoats and foxes you have to keep them safe from. It's the feral cats and hawks that I have to watch out for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, they shoot foxes here. There are still plenty around but as long as the hens are locked up at night they are safe enough.

      Delete
  7. Very different and beautiful pine cone.
    Naughty pooches. They could never eat a whole one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I was amazed they had thought to stalk the deer. Usually they just chase them. I am pretty sure they wouldn't try. They occasionally run rabbits down but don't hurt them.

      Delete
  8. My neighbour has at tree with cones on it that are purple but look like your. perhaps is photogaphing your cone it turned out a tad lighter in colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could have Margaret. I took it with the MP-E 65mm so it is a verticle panorama and I see the strobes fired so that could have lightened it a bit but they aren't as dark as purple.

      Delete
  9. Fascinating pine cone. If you thought Dithery was bad how about the armies latest plan to recruit 16 year old :too young to smoke, to young to drink, to young to marry, to young to drive and too vote but old enough to die for your country

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas, things will only get worse. It is the total lack of humanity and humility that defines Tories.

      Delete
  10. Gotta love the coffee pot photo, but it seems like too much work. I pop a tassimo in in the morning. Today I had two cups because Sue couldn't have hers for medical reasons.

    I didn't realize that the rich also got such tax breaks in your country. Perhaps the pendulum will return to something more moderate soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, the very rich companies and people pay very little tax here. It is the unfortunates in the middle that get hammered.

      Delete
  11. The images of your coffee pot and the pine cone are stunning, Adrian. The coffee pot looks like an antique - even if a bit complicated, it must make coffee preparation an exciting event!

    I hope you're getting more settle weather than we are at the moment. Best wishes - - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, I fired one strobe on the coffee pot to disguise the muck on it. A strobe with an uplifting dark orange gel on.
      They do cheap aluminium ones but I got this at vast expense five years ago as I read that aluminium gives you Altimeters disease. The weather is rubbish here.

      Delete
  12. Beautiful pine cone! I've never seen one quite that color. Hey - the same sort of crap is happening here in the US too. I try not to watch the news - it just depresses me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda I have been back and shot it again and it really is this blue and cream.
      Politicians are getting the same the world over. They breed faster than rabbits and are in need of a cull.

      Delete
  13. Spruce cone? I have never heard it earlier but it's very nice.

    ReplyDelete