ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 22 June 2015

BLACK IS GETTING TO GREY. (22/06/15)

I’m coming round slowly. It was bin day today so first thing I dragged the wheelie bin to the end of the track. I have to perm a bin from three. I picked blue and as it was empty on our return from our second walk I picked the right one. I watched a bit of the Formula 1 and edited highlights of the Formula 2 race. There is precious little difference but more to fight for in Formula 2. There is some wonderful racing in the lower leagues and I wish that the BBC would film more club meetings. Perhaps if Bookmakers were allowed in they would. Horse racing is another sport I would ban. We are supposed to be civilised and popping a screen round an injured animal that was doing it’s best to please prior to breaking a leg or two is not acceptable to me. Nor is racing two year old foals.

_MG_3815

Foxglove in a tractor tyre. I love scrap and rubbish. It is all the better for a flower or two. For once I think I can identify a White Campion as well. I can’t identify this and I have searched high and low.

_V0G9111

_V0G9110

I had to bring this spider back for pictures and it fell in the water I put round the rock to contain them. I got it out with a cotton bud but it was still a bit damp.

I really ought to join the British Arackno….Arakno… Society and I would be tempted if I could spell it. Also their identification photographs are for the most part rubbish. Perhaps I will relent and send them a few sharp images with a scale so numpties like me have some idea what they are looking at.

Have fun.

26 comments:

  1. Preciosa la primera foto.Son campanillas silvestres hau muchas por los campos ;)
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura Llamamos a estas flores del Foxglove. Son muy venenosa, ya que containd digitallis. Envía el corazón tonto.

      Delete
  2. I agree on the Beeb showing more motorsports especially the lesser seen. I know ITV has the touring cars and their support package. With its multi platform the BBC could easily cover endurance racing or even GT's but I guess I'll have to get into Tennis or horse jumping things, can't wait! Glad you put a spider in, I could easily spend time trying to photograph them but I hate the identification resources available it sends my tiny brain into meltdown....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The BBC is just about soaps and current affairs. Not worth paying for. They have even ditched rugby now.
      More air time for cheapo talking heads.
      Insects are beautiful but it is frustrating trying to tell one from another. Like fungi. They do wonderful things but I'll be buggered if I can find out what they are and why they do it.

      Delete
  3. Adrian, I think F1 has become far too technical. I marvel at the engineering involved but I think that should stay on the development tracks and F1 should become a formula with barely controllable grunt from the engine and the old style throttle cable with a ginormous spring to make the drivers work for their money..and less of the computer driven gizmos...old fashioned or what...bring back the old days!

    Lovely arty shot to start with. I think your spider is a green/pale version of a Candy Stripe Spider (Enoplognatha ovata) it comes in several different colour forms...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trevor, I know for certain I couldn't drive one. They are impressive but artificially slow. Bring back speed.

      I thought the spider was an Enonoplognatha sp, but despite much trawling of images of them could not find one with the black stripe on it's thorax or more than three spots on it's abdomen.

      Delete
  4. "I have to perm a bin from three".....is this some kind of,code? A Scottish custom? Love the foxglove, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances, no it's ignorance. I used to use the word perm as a synonym for choose or pick. The foxglove looks good here.

      Delete
  5. Gadzooks! I almost put on a picture of a foxglove today. I really like this shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill the fishing hut is a better choice.

      Delete
  6. Digitalis (foxglove), isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The popped Foxglove is impressive, nicely composed.
    Sport on TV leaves me cold. You have to watch the 'action' the producer thinks is of interest but for me the more interesting action is usually further back in the field. I ought to get back to visiting Cadwell Park though I used to find the noise more than a little tiring. I enjoyed watching the stock car racing on their specially designed course, better than the TV version where they just go round in ever decreasing circles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I very rarely watch these days. Cadwell Park was a place I used to visit regularly.
      The foxglove is fine against the tyre.

      Delete
  8. I like your shot of the foxglove in the old tire!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ... and I've never watched car racing! I finally figured out what a wheelie bin is! It's a challenge to get enough control on the critters so that they can be photographed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, it's a challenge controlling a wheelie bin on a steep hill.

      Delete
  10. I'm glad you explained about the perm, it had me puzzled, too. Foxgloves are on the noxious plants list in NZ so I don't see many here. They are really pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, I have never thought about it but I think it is short for permutate.....To arrange in a different order.

      Delete
  11. I love the Floxglove shots with only the colour on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, I think it worked reasonably well.

      Delete
  12. Greta macros as always. I like the selective colour in the first. Although it is supposed to be passê, it still looks good when it's done right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I love colour popping. I am passé myself. It's my age I think.

      Delete
  13. Liked selected colours on your picture #1. Foxglove is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kovacs, I like selected colour as well.

      Delete