ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 1 June 2015

CALM BEFORE THE STORM. (01/06/15)

We are in for a windy twenty four hours. The depression is still out in the Atlantic but moving fast my way. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there isn't a drop of rain accompanying it.
I enjoy looking at these animations. They work for anywhere in the world and are much better than TV. If you would like to try them then click HERE .
It isn't too bad this morning, a little chilly in the wind and we have had the odd shower. I decided that it was Goldcrest or bust today. I can see it and sat on the bank for twenty minutes watching it flit about in the hedge. I have six wonderful shots of hawthorne leaves and twigs. I decided that I had bust and set off home. I hadn't walked for five minutes when I heard a little bird rattling away with it's alarm call. I sat down again and persuaded the dogs to do likewise. After only a couple of minutes I saw the little darling.
A Wren. A bit bigger than a Goldcrest but twig and leaf free for a second and I clicked on the right second for once. Nicely back lit to boot.
I had to nip into town today, I need bread, butter, coffee and milk. I have either been greedy or miscalculated as my Aldi/Morrisons shop is on Wednesday. I'll have to go to Asda as well as I've run out of glycerine and I need it for rain drops that stay put. Asda sell glycerine (it is usually in the baking isle) as should most pharmacists but the latter have streamlined their product range to things to put on your hair, under your arm, on your feet, fifty different varieties of ladies things and gluten free chocolate. I don't have much hair, I'm not a lady and I'm not so anal as to require food without gluten......Useless shops.
The Chemist is in the blue shop. Dr Finlay is in the orange one. You will have to click the picture to read the sign, I have still not got used to compiling in blogger. There was a series on television called Dr Finlay's Case Book. I was about fifteen when I first saw it and thought it brilliant. Not as good as the Forsyth Saga which came a bit later and was unmissable. Now with TV on demand I realise how good these were and what crap they churn out now. I know I'm old it's technology and I embrace it and before digital I would never have had the time or patience to produce these images..........let alone these.


Extreme popping. RGB Popping.
 I was a bit late home as the van refused to function. I got it going again But had to remove a diode I'd popped between the immobiliser and the fuel solenoid. A couple of years ago the engine wouldn't stop unless I switched the headlights on, pressed the brake pedal, switched the Hazards on. I stripped a bit of wire to the fuel solenoid and there was current leakage to the solenoid so built a simple little thing to stop it. The simple little diode is now stopping fuel flow when I want it. I think Fiat have it in for me. Can't blame Maplin as their contribution was penny's.
The hens were naughty last night. They went to bed so I went down to shut the door so that greedy stoat couldn't get them. It was freezing, no sooner had I got there than two of the little madams decided it wasn't bed time. I caught one. stuffed her in the coop and shut the door. I'd just got out of the compound and switched the electric fox dissuader wires on than she was pecking to be let in. Naughty bird. I looked up and went back for the camera.

Worth putting hens away. It looks a good moon.
I am battening down the hatches now as they are promising serious winds.

31 comments:

  1. hope you survived the winds for another day of picture taking ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will be no real bother. It's peeing down now.

      Delete
  2. A most interesting commentary along with some wonderful photography. Terrific shot of the wren, and as you say, perfectly backlit. The red popped doors are really effective. Thanks for the link to the wind currents. Super! Fortunately, our area looks light and breezy compared to your mass of circling force. How thoughtful of the hens to show you the full moon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Glow. I am happy with the Wren.

      Delete
  3. Stay safe Adrian ~ enjoyed your ramble today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, it is just shitty weather....not life threatening weather. It's just started and is nowt much but wet.

      Delete
  4. Nice catch of the Wren; they don't keep still for long.
    Good weather link, cheers.
    Windy as hell here, so I imagine worse where you are. Keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith, pitty the poor mite in this, It's hammering down. The weather is fun and pretty with it. Not too bad here, heavy rain with the odd gust.

      Delete
    2. PS. John Charles at Midmarsh gave me the link ages ago it is a bit of fun.

      Delete
  5. Great Wren shot, I really like the fact it's backlit works brilliantly. Goldcrests can be tricky sods. Gusting very strongly here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas no srtobes involved so the light was just luck. The weather should clear tomorrow evening.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for above very useful link. Saved it.
    Also many thanks for your good wishies on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stuffing birds in the coop is very probably an arrestable offence but Dr Finlay got away with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YP, it's legal in Scotland. Dr Finlay got Janet to do it.

      Delete
  8. This post covers a wide territory...weather, birds, shopping, auto repair and the moon! interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the wren---- and the door and windows!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No wonder you're proud of the little wren shot. It is delightful. Thanks for the link to the weather globe. It's the best I've seen. I'm sure I'm missing something but I can't see the connection between the tearooms and the Dr Findlay's office. I remember the show, really enjoyed it but it was in black and white so the connection cannot be in the colours. Give the chooks something nice to thank them for showing you the full moon shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, I am pleased with any bird shot that is recognisable. No connection at all other than Tannochbrae. The hens always mess about when it's cold or raining.

      Delete
  11. I quite enjoy seeing your buildings and towns.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Wren capture. Hope you survived the hide winds and the van did not rock too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The winds, never really materialised here Margaret.

      Delete
  13. Super wren shot and it's good to be reminded of parts of Auchtermuchty that I've forgotten. The chemist/pharmacy and the Tannochbrae Tearooms look like something out of history. They probably are. We survived the gale here and it's been eerily calm for 12 hours now waiting for the centre of the low to pass and the next winds to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, the winds here were nothing to worry about. It did rain quite hard.

      Delete
  14. Guapas fotos amigo... Es una luna magnífica Adrian.
    Buen martes.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete