ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 15 June 2015

JUST ONE. (15/06/15)

it’s not a very good start to the working week. Just the one shot but I took five I was hoping they would stack and they still might with a bit of juggling. I have also found a White tailed Bumble bee nest which something, I assume a Badger, has had a good dig at. I was trying to take a picture but will have to go back with a longer lens as I’ve been stung twice and Molly has been stung once. The bees were not in a good mood._V0G8947

Yellow Dung Fly, Scathophaga stercoraria. Sitting on a bracken frond. I think this is a female as she has a green tinge as opposed to being golden yellow.

2015-06-15-10.29.21 ZS retouched

This is it focus stacked and retouched….I see I forgot to retouch the bracken. Oh Hum.

That’s all for today, I’ll go and get some pictures of the bees and nurse my sore arm.

 

21 comments:

  1. I like the shot. Technically perfect! Hope your arm feels better soon.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shot Adrian, be careful around those bees, you're braver than me. I'm interested to know more about stacking, what is the benefit to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just looked up focus stackin on wikipedia, I understand what you doing now.

      Delete
    2. Ian, yes it just increases DOF. Zerene is the best I have found but this could have been done manually as it's only two shots.

      Delete
  3. Just one but GREAT macro! Liked its details blurred green in the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kovacs, I was lucky it was sitting in a good place.

      Delete
  4. A female Dung Fly..eh?...you certainly know how to attract a better class of lady! Nice shot though, and the stacked image works well.
    Go careful with those bees!1...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trevor it is just about okay but doesn't really line up.

      Delete
  5. Looks good to me but then I would not know how to 'stack'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, I prefer the first image which is just a straight photograph.

      Delete
  6. There is a little more detail on the stacked dung (fly) so it was worth the effort. Personally I can't see anything amiss with the greenery. Ah. It's the bottom few mm where things double up but only noticeable if being pernickety and looking closely for errors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, being hand held I'm surprised they stacked this well.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Linda, thank you. sometimes I take the time to get the light right.

      Delete
  8. When enlarged the first image does look a little sharper then the second image however I like both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas there is more of the second image in focus but there are blurry bits where it had moved it;s head and legs.

      Delete
  9. Working week? You still have a working week? I don't have a working week and I don't have a week end. I'm just retired all the time. Yes, bees that have been disturbed can be very nasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, I admit days are much the same for me,

      Delete
  10. Sorry to hear about the suffering for your art. A bee sting that gets better quickly is better than starving in a garret. I hope Molly has also recovered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline we are both fine now. If Moll hears a bee she watches it carefully,

      Delete