ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Friday 26 June 2015

SNEAKY. (26/06/15)

I managed to get the grass cut in between yesterday’s showers. Then I mucked out the hen hut. I still had time to find an interesting technique on the internet it’s called wide angle macro. It isn’t macro as I know it but I gave it a whirl. See what you think.

_MG_3825                         WHITE CAMPION

_MG_3826                              FOX AND CUBS

_MG_3828                                  RED CAMPION

These were taken with a prime 50mm lens with 12mm of extension at between f9 and f(something smaller). I’ll try it with a 24mm lens. It isn’t macro but it is close up with an interesting depth of field.

I’m not sure about the next one. It is a composite and I only did it because I was bored whilst waiting for the hens to show signs that it was bed time.

Untitled1

This morning didn’t start well, it is raining but that is normal what upset me was the sneaky Snowy Inkcap had grown and started deliquescing whilst I was asleep. I checked at ten thirty last night and there was no sign of it……….

_MG_3823

Here it is at 0730h this morning. I would really like a time lapse of this, I’ll get everything charged up and ready for this evening.

Have a great weekend.

21 comments:

  1. I like it especially with the choice of what's in the background it gives the images a rural feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas, I am coming round to these. I will try a few more see if I can sort the DOF.

      Delete
  2. That's an interesting technique Adrian, but I'm not sure I'm over keen on it...I'm finding myself looking past the subject to try and make out what the background is!...the plainer, nondescript, background on the Inkcap works better for me.

    I saw quite a few Snowy Inkcaps, growing on cow pats, while I was out yesterday...some were decaying, splitting and curling up but they weren't deliquescing..they appeared to be perfectly dry!

    I think you're going to have to put in a full night shift to catch one 'in the act'...it'll be interesting to see what you get?..good luck...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trevor, it is worth exploring a bit further.
      Perhaps these here are special Snowy Inkcaps. They don't look very snowy with the exception of the stem.
      The trouble is they don't grow everyday, nor do they grow at the same time. They are only a hundred yards from the van and I walk past several times a day. I'll catch one one day soon.

      Delete
  3. cool...loved that scape with the balloon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. R. Mac, that is play time. I like doing such things but don't have the artistic ability to pull them off.

      Delete
  4. Quite liked the first shot but not the composition but agree with Trevor on the other two. Not so keen on this header, still prefer the 2 green bugs. I think you will have to do night shift to get the shots you want tonight Adrian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret I'll not give up for a while. Composition does need more work but would require a tripod as I can't really see anything and the primary subject is only an inch from the front element.
      I don't need to stay with the camera as ambient light is irrelevant. The fungus will be lit by strobes.

      Delete
  5. Interesting effect with the first 3; similar to a bridge camera set on macro.
    Good luck with the fungus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith, thank God the I-Phone can't do it. I sometimes think the £400.00p I spent on the Canon 50mm lens was a waste. It seemed like a bargain at half price when I coughed for it.

      Delete
  6. The scene with the balloon is a very busy landscape. They've always got something new for you to try. I'm just lucky to understand a few things on my camera. It's hot and dry here with highs of 28-30 C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, Yes plenty to look at under the balloon. I couldn't live with something I didn't understand how to work.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful flower collection also liked the balloon in backlights.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kovacs, I am not an artist but do feel this composite worked okay.

      Delete
  8. That image of the balloon is a good one ~ right place, right time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, it's two images so two right places.

      Delete
  9. I kind of like the w/a macros, particularly the red campion with the interesting bg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I have just taken some more but not looked at them yet. I tried for better composition.

      Delete
  10. The wide angle macros have their place. I do hope that you get a good ink cap time lapse.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops. I have just discovered that I missed this for some reason and have read more recent ones. Ho hum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be with the wide angle close ups. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

      Delete