ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 21 September 2015

FINAL CUT. (21/09/15)

As promised here is the edit of the Fahr M88 combining barley.
The sound is still not synchronised very well but I decided enough messing was enough and near enough was good enough. I did grade this video and it looks fine on the computer but I have a sneaking suspicion that YouTube have had a go themselves. It's good for folk using pads and phones but a bit of a pest when you don't. It's free so I'm grateful.

Any criticism will be more than welcome as I get a bit lost editing video. The titles are much better but there is still bleed through the mask on the left hand edge you can see it at 0.16s.

16 comments:

  1. Adrian, I'm completely lost for words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances, this must be a first or don't you like writing naughty words.

      Delete
  2. You have done a good bit of work on this video, love the operators view down at the flailing arms. Great.

    peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter , the views from the machine speeded up editing. The number of times I lost my balance made cutting shots of my feet, sky and trees an easy step.

      Delete
  3. Harvesting is such fun to watch. Unfortunately, I rarely watch videos as they take up so much time from my Internet allotment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, I know I have the same problem sometimes.

      Delete
  4. Very good moments from the field. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some sweet camera work here, Adrian. I really like the camera's move in on the machine (near the beginning), and again from the driver's point of view at the end. Well done. McGregrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. McGregor, the first is tripod mounted and the second is hand held, I don't like hand holding DSLRs and it's a nightmare on a sunny day. I am reasonably pleased with it.

      Delete
  6. I liked your video. It shows all aspects of the field work. I can even feel the itchy dust from the barley. Now with cabs you miss the pleasure of itchy barley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, I don't know about pleasure but the stuff does get everywhere.

      Delete
  7. Hi Adrian What is that comment with all the links doing on your blog? Now the video is fantasttic.Loved seeing the grain going into the truck and the movement of the truck and also you sitting beside the farmer filming the blades was going round great. The music suited the video.Just one small point. At the end you did not have a capital on the name William. You did ask us to let you know!!! All the hard work of filming and editing certainly paid off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. The comment was spam it's gone. I'm very disappointed with it. The video is okay but YouTube mashed it. Sometimes they do and others it's fine, I just can't work it out.

      Delete
  8. My slight criticism would be the music, given the noise of the machinery I'm not sure I'd have added it. Loved it though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas, I could make the music much louder. It isn't very good but it does fill the gaps in the machine track when I have to cut and chop to synchronise it. Correction attempt to synchronise it.
      I need to do a lot more and another pair of hands would help.

      Delete