ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Sunday 3 April 2016

DRECHT. (03/04/16)

It’s a miserable start to the day, foggy, raining but warm.
I’ll share a mildly amusing joke I received.
Dithery and the Queen.
, "Your Majesty, how do you run Buckingham Palace so efficiently? Is there any advice you can give to me now that my government is falling to pieces?"
"Well," said the Queen, "the most important thing is to surround yourself with intelligent people."
Dave frowned, and asked, "But how do I know the people around me are intelligent?"
The Queen took a sip of tea. "Oh, that's easy; you just ask them to prove their intelligence by answering a simple riddle." She rang a tiny hand bell and asked the footman. "Please find Nigel Farage and send him here, would you?"
After a little while Nigel walked into the room and said, "Yes, Your Majesty?"
The Queen smiled and said, "Answer me this please Nigel, your mother and father have a child. It's not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?"
Without pausing for a moment, Nigel replied, "That would be me." "Yes! Very good," said the Queen.
When Dave got home that evening, he called George at number 11, and asked him the same question. "George, answer this for me..'Your mother and your father have a child. It's not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?"
"I'm not sure," said George "Let me get back to you on that one...."
He went to his advisors and asked them all, but nobody could give him an answer. Finally, he ran into Michael Gove. George said to him, "Michael, can you answer this for me? Your mother and father have a child and it's not your brother or your sister. Who is it?"
Michael answered immediately, "That's easy, it's me!"
George smiled, and said, “ Thanks, Michael.”
He called next door and said to Dave. “I did some research and I have the answer to that riddle and do you know what?…… It's Michael Gove."
Dave got up, walked over to George, and angrily yelled at him, "No, you fool, can't you answer even the simplest questions? The answer is obvious…………..It’s Nigel Farage.”
After that disaster I’ll leave you with some foggy photos.
_MG_4089
_MG_4090
_MG_4092
_MG_4095_MG_4093

Enjoy your week.














31 comments:

  1. Lol. There's a version of that joke here with Canadian politicians, but it's one that stands the test of time and place. The shroud of fog looks beautiful in the photos, though it can be depressing. We get very little fog here in PEI which is a surprise to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, fog can be depressing but it's not as bad as politicians.

      Delete
  2. Love these foggy moody captures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, I enjoyed the walk despite the weather.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant joke, I'll be using that this week at work lol. What's with the tree with no bark, surely the deer aren't that big!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas, it's half a tree that split off in the wind.

      Delete
  4. Loved the joke! (And the photos. Va sans dire.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances, it may be a day or so before I get more pictures. The weather is not very nice.

      Delete
  5. I like the double punchline. The first is more or less expected but not the second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I hadn't heard it before. Clean jokes are a rarity.

      Delete
  6. Buena broma Adrian :))) La niebla también deja estupenas fotos !!
    Buen domingo.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, eres Inglés es bueno que comprenda la broma.

      Delete
  7. Enjoyed the images, and had a good chuckle at the double-whammy joke Adrian. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, it's the best I've heard in a while.

      Delete
  8. Funny! And foggy. Very nice shots, Adrian. I could feel the chill from that first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, it wasn't cold though before I set out it looked it.

      Delete
  9. The misty forests make good atmospheric photos. Can't make my mind up about #2, real or Photoshopped? Can't always tell easily these days.

    This from 'Elizabeth Windsor' (take the name with a pinch of salt) on Twitter :
    Mr Cameron, when you said "we're all in this together" one wasn't aware you were talking about an offshore tax haven? #Awkward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not photoshopped John. I am passed caring what they do. shooting is too good for them.

      Delete
  10. You made the most of the mist. Beautiful shots.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Adrian how wonderful to have your wit and foggy photos at my breakfast table. I'm still laughing and admiring. I can't remember the last time I was in fog (as opposed to in a fog).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely foggy, atmospheric photos Adrian, I especially like the mossy stones.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love fog in the woods. It adds so much depth and atmosphere! Amazing shots.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mersad, it can make for interesting pictures....it's better than continuous rain.

      Delete