ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Friday 29 April 2016

MYSTIC MOLLY. (29/04/16)

_MG_4239
Molly pondering the meaning of life. We had a really pleasant but non productive walk yesterday morning. The dogs met two Newfoundlands, a Bearded Collie, a massive Heinz and Magnus who had escaped again.
We got back to the van and I spent an hour cryptic crosswording. I spent another half hour first thing today but can’t finish it.
_MG_4246
Here it is for all you masters of English as she is wrote. It will enlarge with a click and pressing Ctrl+ will enlarge it further. Pressing Home will wiz everything back to normal.
It then started to hail and sleet so I settled down to try and convert a title vision into virtual reality in Blender.
0046
This is a version one of about six. As you can’t see I am using a sphere to blast through the text to deform it and spray sparkles. You can’t see the sphere as I have made it not to render. What you can see is the spikey bit. This is a bit of scruffy mesh........ I converted from a text object to a mesh, got rid of thousands of duplicate vertices and recalculated the normals. I then went a hunting through the modifiers and found something called remesh. It works but took me ages to work it. It does clean up the mesh but uses something called Octrees. I hadn’t a clue either so looked them up. Wickipedia was some help but then I got sidetracked and found more information than I needed or wanted about something that an hour before I never knew existed. Blendering is wonderful for this time wasting and much more interesting than FreeCell.
0074
After a few hours playing this was as far as I got. A clean mesh that deforms and reforms without spikey bits These are single frames from the video.
Screenshot_1
This is what an Octree is.
This morning dawned cold, wet and snowy.

_MG_4241
_MG_4243
Views from the van at dawn.
_MG_4245
The dogs sniffing and snuffling, They do enjoy snow and to be honest so do I.
Have a good weekend.

29 comments:

  1. I can't help with the puzzle. Cryptics are beyond me, but I don't do that well on regular crosswords either.

    The first pic is quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, it turned out well. Not often they do that for me.

      Delete
  2. Great pic of your dog! I see there are other places still getting snow in April.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shot of Molly is a superb portrait! A great picture. Oh--- we're expecting temperatures in the 80's (f) over the weekend.... 57 and raining today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the snow shots and of course Molly. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, thank you. I have plenty on this weekend.

      Delete
  5. Great image of Molly. I live the burst of light behind do her.
    I think 18 across is overseer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Douglas, yes it is I'll see if I can get 18 down now.

      Delete
    2. Douglas 18 Down is ousels 26 across is links. Many thanks.

      Delete
  6. That first shot is great. I laughed at first thinking....little angel? Then looking at the pic, I'm liking the whole thing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, little devil is closer to reality. one day we will go a walk and actually go the same walk.

      Delete
  7. Molly's photo is great. I can't believe you had snow. We had some yesterday so it's not just us. I am far less enthusiast about it than you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, it came as a bit of a shock to the system.

      Delete
  8. That's a superb portrait of Molly! I like looking at your snowy scenes but doubt if I'd like them so much if I were there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline it wasn't too cold but and the bulk of it didn't last long.

      Delete
  9. That is a really great photo of Molly the Mystic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, one of the best I have of her....I suspect she was looking for deer or squirrels.

      Delete
  10. Your first photo reminded me:

    Beauty without vanity,
    Strength without insolence,
    And all the virtues of a man
    Without his vices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had forgotten this. Byron or Shelley one of that lot but it is apt.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Monica, I like it but Molly is oblivious.

      Delete
  12. That's pretty serious snow for late April, Adrian! Great images, but Molly really does steal the show - delightful!!

    Best wishes - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, a good job she posed. No one is very interested in 3D. The snow didn't last long but it was a surprise to wake up to.

      Delete