ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Thursday 21 April 2016

PERSPIRATION. (21/04/16)

The weather is superb, chilly first thing but hot, windless and sunny during the day. Yesterday I was wandering along in a dreamy fashion when I was brought out of my reverie by a tremendous roar. The dogs started barking, it was pandemonium. Not an ideal start to the day.
_MG_4188
_MG_4187

_MG_4186
Not often I see a hot air balloon these days, they were very popular twenty or thirty years ago.
After breakfast I decided that as it was such a grand day I’d walk into town. It is an easy stroll downhill but a bit of a slog back up with a rucksack full of shopping.
_MG_4197
The view from the Co-Op.
_MG_4196
Jimmy Shand.
That’s all for today.



18 comments:

  1. The balloon is glorious, as seen through the trees and otherwise.

    I didn't know about Jimmy Shand but looked him up on Youtube. Love the music! Must be my Scottish ancestry kicking in...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, they are a bit of a rarity round here. I can tolerate small doses of Jimmy Shand but prefer the Proclaimers. They are the other notable local musicians.

      Delete
  2. That balloon must have been very surprising, especially to the dogs. I think I have come across the name, Jimmy Shand, from my Celtic music interests, but I really can't remember anything specific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, Molly doesn't need much of an excuse to bark.

      Delete
  3. Adriaan balloon behind the trees, I find him to be mooist.een bit mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first is a brilliant chance shot. I've often wondered if I would have the bottle to go up in one. 'Twould be a brilliant photo opportunity in the right conditions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I used to know a chap with one and didn't have much of a camera in those days. They can only fly in good weather so it's a peaceful ride though landings can be a bit fraught.

      Delete
  5. I wouldn't fancy being in that balloon with all them tall trees around. Excuse my ignorance but in regards to the previous post why are they seeding at night, Do they not run the risk of the frost killing the seeds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas, the pilots used to drag the basket through tree tops and dip them in lakes to add a bit of excitement.
      The seeds are frost proof and they just had to finish the job as there was some contract ploughing to do.

      Delete
  6. Lovely shots. That balloon looks amazing--I think my favorite view of it is definitely from the ground though Looks like you live in a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen, It does look good through the trees.

      Delete
  7. Terrific shot of the balloon. Reminds me of the fright I got when I thought one was dive bombing me while walking my s-in-law's dog in Wiltshire last year. I shrieked and ducked down and then, embarrassed, peered around and was glad to see there was no-one else around. The dog took no notice whatsoever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, I never noticed it until he fired the burners. Molly will bark at anything...she's just gobby.

      Delete
  8. How cool to see a hot air balloon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,it made for a different scene to snap.

      Delete
  9. Yes, I would think a bright red hot air balloon would get the dogs barking!! Great photos Adrian.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynda, they love an excuse, any excuse, for a bark.

    ReplyDelete